Home ยป Gunmen abducts four month old baby in Akwa Ibom

Gunmen abducts four month old baby in Akwa Ibom


A young man, Udeme Eyo and wife from Enen-Atai village in Itu Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State have sent an Save Our Soul (SOS) to security agencies to help recover their four months old baby that was abducted at gun point from their home.

New Telegraph learnt that the incident occurred at about 3:00 am on Saturday in their family house near the PCN Primary School, East Itam.

The father of the abducted child, who spoke with reporters said his family was startled by a loud bang on the door at about 3 am on Saturday when two hefty stormed their bedroom and demanded for their baby.

“I was half asleep when I heard the bang on the door, but before I jumped out of my bed, the door was pulled to the ground with force. Two strange men entered and demanded for my son, as a man I tried to stop them, but they brought out guns and machetes, I shrugged.

“They seized the child from my wife who was screaming, kicked her aside and made away with the baby. When I rushed out to raise alarm to alert my neighbors, I saw them zoom off in a car that was parked about a pole away.

“As I speak, my wife is completely traumatised. We lost our first child at about the same age and now that she was being consoled by the new baby boy, this has happened. I’m completely confused,” the husband lamented.

The village head of the community, Prof. Efanga Usua who spoke on the situation, expressed fear and disappointment saying that such occurrence was strange in the area until recently when a mentally deranged woman was dispossessed of her baby by unknown bike men.

He said plans are underway to call a meeting of the East Itam Northern Traditional Rulers to find lasting solution to such frightening occurrences.

According to him, the issue is with the police even as investigation is ongoing to unravel the mystery behind the abducted child.

The Decisional Crime Officer (DCO), Ayadehe Police Station, Itu LGA, Bokime Bassey, when contacted said the matter was reported since Saturday and police was not resting as investigation is ongoing to make sure perpetrators of the evil act are brought to book.

As at the time of sending this report, efforts to speak with the State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), ASP Timfon John proved abortive as repeated calls to her mobile phone were not answered.


Leave a Reply