Home » 2 children electrocuted, mother hospitalised after rainstorm in Ogun

2 children electrocuted, mother hospitalised after rainstorm in Ogun

0

A yet-to-be-identified woman was yesterday hospitalised and two of her children electrocuted in Mowe, Obafemi Owode- Egba Local Government Area of Ogun State.

She is currently battling for her life after she reportedly lost two of her children to electrocution in Mowe Market around 2pm, yesterday.

According to sources in the area, the children, were electrocuted in their mother’s shop in the market where they were sleeping.

The sources said that the electrocution happened when electricity distribution company restored power to the market after the Sunday downpour.

He said: “The mother of the children is battling to survive at the hospital where she was rushed to, several other traders’ sustained injuries. We are still at the health center at Mowe, where she’s receiving first aid. But as for the two children both died on the spot before they were rush to the hospital for medical attention.

“Everyone was still trying to fix the damage done by the Sunday downpour, when the power was restored causes the electrocution also causes panic as people running for safety in the market.

“The mother of the kids was sitting on the chair when she was electrocuted in the process and those who tried to rescue her were also electrocuted in the process. And she and the children were rush to a nearby health centre in the community, where the children were confirm dead, but we don’t know if she’s dead or not.”

Another source speaking with our correspondent, said the woman went to a shop where they sell clothes to buy for her children earlier in the day and promised to pick it later in the evening before leaving the market.

Unfortunately, few hours after she returned from the shop, the power distribution company restored power that caused the surge that electrocuted her and the children who were sleeping in her shop.

“This is a serious issue, a lot of us besieged the health center and several other sympathisers after the power was put out by the Ibadan Electricity Company. Now we are all asked to vacate the market to honour her and those who sustained injuries.

“Immediately, we also invited policemen to prevent breakdown of law and order, because some youths wanted to take law into their hands and we don’t want such misfortune in the market. We are still mourning.”

Leave a Reply